Sate of Vermont Covid Regulations, Cancellations Policies and COVID Related Topics
Cancellation Policies and Insurance
We understand that planning in the current environment can be challenging and to help address this Carefree Quechee Vacations has partnered with RentalGuardian.com and InsureStays to help safeguard your travel investment. Depending on whether you booked on Airbnb, VRBO/Homeaway or directly though Carefree Quechee Vacations cancellation policies on each channel vary slightly. Travel Insurance plays a key role by offering refunds up to the day of check-in. Refunds through Rental Guardian vary between 60% and 100% of the trip price dependent upon the policy.
There are two policies offered, standard travel insurance which provides100% refunds for 30 plus reasons for a premium of 7% of your total trip cost and for an additional 2.8% you can add “Cancel for Any Reason” which provides 60% refund for any reason other than 30 plus reasons in the standard policy. Both options provide a myriad of other protections and benefits that extend throughout you stay.
In today’s environment, we strongly encourage you to consider purchasing optional travel insurance. We recommend Rental Guardian but there are many competitive products travel insurance on the open market to consider. Please be aware that almost all products have time based requirements on when you must purchase the insurance.
State of Vermont Regulations
Below is a summary of the current Covid-19 related travel regulations from the State of Vermont with links to the State of Vermont site as well as the self-certification form that travelers need to fill-out. Note that as of February 23rd fully vaccinated travelers are welcome and are not subject to any quarantine or testing regulations.
Overnight stays in lodging, camping and short-term rental properties are allowed as described below.
1) When you arrive at the lodging site, you and anyone traveling with you must self-certify(link is external) that you meet one of these conditions:
- Have had a negative test result within three days before arriving in Vermont. The test must be for a current infection (like a PCR test), except it cannot be an antigen test (also known as rapid test). OR
- Are authorized to work in Vermont OR
- Are fully vaccinated OR
- Vermonters must remember to follow any travel restrictions and quarantine requirements for the states they plan to visit.
- Have recovered from COVID-19 within the last 3 months and do not currently have any symptoms.
2) And you must also meet both of these conditions:
- Not had close contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days AND
- Not had COVID-19-like symptoms in the past 24 hours.
All out of state travelers utilizing lodging, camping and short-term rental properties in Vermont must sign and complete a Certificate of Compliance or affirm a compliance statement via a digital check box at the time of reservation and check-in to attest that they meet the quarantine requirement or are an essential/authorized worker.
All out of state travelers are strongly encouraged to register with Sara Alert upon arrival to Vermont to get two weeks of daily reminders to check for common symptoms of COVID-19.
Please click here to fill out a copy of the state mandated form. You may submit it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a physical copy at our office upon check-in.
Carefree Quechee Vacations has partnered with InjoyVermont, a luxury travel concierge service with 45 years of enjoying all that the Upper Valley of Vermont & New Hampshire has to offer. Allow a member of their team to “plan your itinerary while you plan on making memories that will last a lifetime!” If you also would like to connect with an Injoy Concierge, please reach out at: 1-844-GO-INJOY (464-6569) or Concierge@InjoyVermont.com
Carefree Quechee Vacations has also teamed up with a local concierge group, My Vermont Concierge. This team has “decades of experience enhancing vacationing Vermont guests. From grocery shopping to Chef prepared meals in residence pre-arrival to experiences like guided snowshoe, mountain biking, hiking tours or in house massage and yoga sessions. You relax and make the memories, let My Vermont Concierge make the plans”. E-mail or call for more information on how concierge services can enhance your stay in Quechee at: (802-238-5580) or email@example.com
The Quechee Club
Due to COVID-19 operating procedures across Vermont have changed, including renter amenity access to the Quechee Club. Please visit our detailed page here for more information on how this will impact your reservation dates.
With the new environment, Carefree Quechee Vacations is committed to your safety and has further updated out cleaning practices.
- Disinfectant cleaning products will be used on all solid surfaces; cleaning products used will be those listed on CDC website.
- All light switches, door knobs and other contact surfaces will be disinfected.
- All cleaners will wear disposable gloves when cleaning to protect themselves and guests. Cleaners with colds or other illnesses will be asked to not come to work.
- Based on availability, we will be supplying Clorox wipes or equivalents to our guests for their stay.
- Carefree Quechee Vacations has been using a hotel linen service for the last twenty months. Presently the laundered items consist of: top sheets, fitted sheets, pillowcases, towels, hand towels, wash clothes, bathmats and kitchen towels.