State of Vermont Covid Regulations, Cancellations Policies and COVID Related Topics
Cancellation Policies and Insurance
We understand that planning in the current environment can be challenging and to help address this Carefree Quechee Vacations has partnered with RentalGuardian.com and InsureStays to help safeguard your travel investment. Depending on whether you booked on Airbnb, VRBO/Homeaway or directly though Carefree Quechee Vacations cancellation policies on each channel vary slightly. Travel Insurance plays a key role by offering refunds up to the day of check-in. Refunds through Rental Gusrdian vary between 60% and 100% of the trip price dependent upon the policy.
There are two policies offered, standard travel insurance which provides100% refunds for 30 plus reasons for a premium of 7% of your total trip cost and for an additional 2.8% you can add “Cancel for Any Reason” which provides 60% refund for any reason other than 30 plus reasons in the standard policy. Both options provide a myriad of other protections and benefits that extend throughout you stay.
In today’s environment, we strongly encourage you to consider purchasing optional travel insurance. We recommend Rental Guardian but there are many competitive products travel insurance on the open market to consider. Please be aware that almost all products have time based requirements on when you must purchase the insurance.
State of Vermont Regulations
Below is a summary of the current Covid-19 related travel regulations from the State of Vermont with links to the State of Vermont site as well as the self-certification form that travelers need to fill-out. Note that as February 23rd fully vaccinated travelers are welcome and are not subject to any quarantine regulations.
- Anyone returning or traveling to Vermont must follow Vermont’s mandatory quarantine policy. Vermonters returning from an out-of-state trip must complete either a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test.
- Effective February 23, 2021: If you have been vaccinated, you do not need to quarantine to travel to Vermont or return to Vermont, as long as at least 14 days have passed since you received your final vaccine dose.
- The State of Vermont has suspended all social gatherings between multiple households. While in Vermont, you may not participate in social gatherings, this includes sharing an accommodation with another household outside of your own. Travelers may not stay with a Vermont host or stay in a Vermont lodging establishment or short-term rental with another household. Even if you have completed a quarantine, or intend to quarantine with another household, you may not gather with another household in Vermont. (Individuals who live alone may gather with members of their immediate family residing in a different household).
- Vermonters must remember to follow any travel restrictions and quarantine requirements for the states they plan to visit.
- Residents of other states must adhere to the quarantine guidelines:
- Travelers arriving to Vermont in a personal vehicle must complete either a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test in their home state and enter Vermont without further quarantine restrictions.
- Travelers arriving to Vermont who have not completed a pre-arrival quarantine must complete either a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test in a Vermont lodging establishment or with friends and family (travelers must stay in their quarantine location for the duration of quarantine other than to travel to and from a test site).
- Read more about quarantining at the Vermont Department of Health website.
- All out of state travelers utilizing lodging, camping and short-term rental properties in Vermont must sign and complete a Certificate of Compliance or affirm a compliance statement via a digital check box at the time of reservation and check-in to attest that they meet the quarantine requirement or are an essential/authorized worker.
- All out of state travelers are strongly encouraged to register with Sara Alert upon arrival to Vermont to get two weeks of daily reminders to check for common symptoms of COVID-19.
Please click here to fill out a copy of the state mandated form. You may submit it by e-mail to email@example.com or leave a physical copy at our office upon check-in.
Carefree Quechee Vacations has partnered with InjoyVermont, a luxury travel concierge service with 45 years of enjoying all that the Upper Valley of Vermont & New Hampshire has to offer. Allow a member of their team to “plan your itinerary while you plan on making memories that will last a lifetime!” If you also would like to connect with an Injoy Concierge, please reach out at: 1-844-GO-INJOY (464-6569) or Concierge@InjoyVermont.com
Carefree Quechee Vacations has also teamed up with a local concierge group to offer guests every day comforts (grocery delivery, restaurant reservations, baby items, and more) from the convenience of their rental properties! E-mail or call for more information on how concierge services can enhance your stay in Quechee at: (802-238-5580) or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Quechee Club
Due to COVID-19 operating procedures across Vermont have changed, including renter amenity access to the Quechee Club. Please visit our detailed page here for more information on how this will impact your reservation dates.
With the new environment, Carefree Quechee Vacations is committed to your safety and has further updated out cleaning practices.
Disinfectant cleaning products will be used on all solid surfaces; cleaning products used will be those listed on CDC website.
All light switches, door knobs and other contact surfaces will be disinfected.
All cleaners will wear disposable gloves when cleaning to protect themselves and guests. Cleaners with colds or other illnesses will be asked to not come to work.
Based on availability, we will be supplying Clorox wipes or equivalents to our guests for their stay.
Carefree Quechee Vacations has been using a hotel linen service for the last twenty months. Presently the laundered items consist of: top sheets, fitted sheets, pillowcases, towels, hand towels, wash clothes, bathmats and kitchen towels.